Tuesday, 13 April 2021

Another new piece

You may remember this post: Starting a new textile piece.  It didn't get any further than here:

Firstly because I think I was trying to hard to make it like the Paul Klee painting and secondly, I got sidetracked into messing about with the sketchbook.

Last year I bought some fabric from Littleheath Barn Studio and then last month Liske advertised some more which I also bought.

My mind was buzzing with what I could do with it so I put the paints and sketchbook away and starting cutting up fabric.

I stitched the strips back together.

 
As you know, I love cutting up my work, so having stitched it all together, I promptly started cutting it up and inserting narrow strips of a contrasting colour.

I tried out the remaining fabric in different positions

Then sewed it together.

And joined the whole thing together.

Only then it didn't look right.  I tried the contrast strip in various places before cutting the piece up again.

It still looked a bit odd and I needed to decide how to finish it.   I printed out the above photo and cut out the images and tried different versions of cutout.



I chose the last one and cut the actual fabric.  Now to decide whether to use a binding or a facing and whether I should quilt it.  I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks for joining me today
Bernice

4 comments:

  1. Looking good :) I shall look forward to seeing what you do to it next Bernice :)
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! It could get bigger and bigger and bigger 🤩

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It could have got bigger but it didn't!

      Delete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Thanks.