Saturday, 28 April 2018

Art Cloth Day 3

As I mentioned in my last post, I went to Littleheath Barn Studio for part 3 of the Art Cloth course.  I continued to work on fabrics I had made last month.

This piece was thickened dye through a screenprinting frame with torn masking tape on it.

I had set up a screen for breakdown printing at the end of the last session and this is what it looked like before I started printing.

I printed on some of the pages of my sketchbook.

I printed on the fabric from the first photo.

I used Thermofax screens to print onto my large art cloth.

I used a Thermofax screen to add the scribbled spirals.

As I had already washed this fabric at home I was able to try some Formusol through the same screen which bleached out some of the dye.

When I got home I washed the fabrics to remove the Manutex that's in the thickened dyes.  It also washes out some of the dye which means the fabrics are paler.





The Art Cloths are also paler but I still like them!


Next time we are printing with fabric paints.  I might make some fun foam stamps.  However I've got until mid-May to think about what I want to do.

Thanks for joining me today.
Bernice


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Thanks.