Tuesday 27 March 2018

Art Cloth Day 2

Last week was day 2 of the Art Cloth workshop at Littleheath Barn.  I blogged about Day 1 here.   In between these days I did some monoprinting and added the papers to my sketchbook.

When we arrived for day 2 our screens were waiting for us to do the breakdown printing.  My screen looked like this with the bubblewrap still on it.

I peeled off the bubblewrap ready for action.

 I used manutex print paste through the screen onto the fabric.

By the time I had done several prints on fabric and on pages of my sketchbook the screen looked like this.

 We moved on to using masking tape as a mask on the screen.

I used Robin's Egg Blue thickened dye through the screen, printing over the same piece of fabric, sometimes turning the screen the other way round.

My sketchbook pages from the screen printing.

This has become a rather long post with lots of photos, so I am going to stop here and continue in another post on Saturday.

Thanks for joining me today.


  1. You inspire me to have a go at breakdown printing, looks great - loved your work with Amanda Hislop, too


I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.