Saturday, 21 May 2022

What I did next!

Remember this post?  About these fabrics?

Well, I sold the squarish piece on the left. I cut it up and put it in bags with other fabrics.

Then I took the piece across the top and the wide piece in the middle and cut them up into 4.5 inch squares.

I tried laying them out

Then I stitched the squares together in strips.

I joined 3 of the strips together and 2 of the strips together.  And you know me, I cut them up and inserted narrow strips.


I joined the 3 strip piece to the 2 strip piece.  I put the squares onto a piece of calico and a backing cotton.  Then machine quilted - after a fashion.  I trimmed the whole piece and added the binding.

Yesterday I spent the day handstitching the binding whilst listening to podcasts.


Thanks for joining me today.
Bernice

6 comments:

  1. LOVE WHAT YOU DID BERNICE. WELL DONE.XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those simple contrast lines make such a difference. I was watching the Repair Shop, and the bookbinder was extolling the virtues of Japanese Tissue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be so pleased with this. I love the way those changes of direction and flashes of darker colour carry the eye around the piece. They also contribute to a sense of Venice reflections rippling in the water. Well done you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am intrigued by your comment as I had seen the finished piece more as one of my canal pieces than Venice. I'll look at it in a different light!

      Delete

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Thanks.