Saturday 26 May 2018

Art Cloth Day 4

Day 4 report.  You can find day 1, day 2 & day 3 by clicking on the links!  Day 4 had its moments.  We worked with formosul which removes dye.  I also used fabric paints and some more thickened dye - not all of these processes were successful.   I had washed all the pieces of fabric before the workshop day which has removed all the manutex.

I used the formosul on this piece through a Thermofax screen.

In close up

I used it on this piece of fabric also

The close up

I also printed fish or birds all over these pieces of fabric using a blue-grey thickened dye.  However I had forgotten that there was no longer soda ash in the fabric so when I washed them when I got back home, the fish disappeared.  Ho hum!
Liske's photo showing fabric before I washed it!

I used the formosul on this piece of fabric using a Thermofax screen and a stencil

Then I moved on to the actual art cloths - one of them is supposed to be the practice piece but they are both working well so not sure which is the practice one any more!

I used the formosul through a screen and a stencil

I also added fabric paint.  But I forgot to iron it before I washed it so most of the paint has disappeared.  There were a lot of wavy lines and stars - although to be honest the lines were a bit too much.  Here's Liske's photo from before I washed the fabric.

The same happened with this one.

Oh well, back to the drawing board!

I also folded this piece of fabric and cut it up to make a book.  I printed on the different pages.

This will be the front cover.

And this is one of the inside pages.

I'm going to handstitch on the pages and then sew them together.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for joining me today

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.