Sunday 4 August 2013

A Gelli Book

In June I was playing with monoprinting using my Gelli Plate.  I ended up with lots of great and not so great backgrounds that you can see here.

I decided that I would make some of the papers into a journal.  I sorted through the papers and cut them down to the same size.  I also had 3 pieces of smaller prints.

I folded the papers and made signatures each with 2 of the large size and 1 of the small size papers.  I sewed the signatures together and then glued the signatures to each other.  I cut 2 covers from some cardboard and covered one side of each with one of the prints before gluing the covers to the front and back signature.

The smaller pages in each signature only had pattern on one side of the paper so I decided to stick them together to make a double-sided flap.  I started sticking them together from the back and it was only when I got to the front one that I realised that I could have made pockets!

The front cover

Some of the pages only have colour on them because I rolled the brayer over the paper to clean the paint off.

The back cover

I haven't decided what I'm going to use it for yet.  Some of the pages are really dark so not suitable to stamp on but I can always put printed words on them.

Thanks for stopping by.


  1. Love your book and the great gelli pages. Making them is addictive I must admit. I have never made a book like this tho - thanks for the detailed directions.

  2. Beautiful pages, and I LOVE the cover.


I would love you to leave me an encouraging comment. Don't forget to put your name. I love to know who is commenting. Thank you.